The mission of the Maplewood Community Garden is to promote organic gardening practices and healthy eating, provide fresh produce to local food pantries, and nurture and encourage a love of gardening among its members and community partners.
Please click below to view your maintenance assignment week:
List of tasks to complete in your week:
1. Mow all COMMON areas
2. Water plots that have an orange ribbon attached to stake
3. Check for unmaintained plots at end of your week and email Irene
4. Make sure mower is covered and signs are in place.
5. Remove trash (do not put in compost or garden waste bins; each member should be taking their trash home)
6. Contact Irene regarding any issues that need to be brought to her attention
Our community gardening workshop was a success! Thank you to the Jan, Sabrina, Irene, and Liz for sharing your knowledge and experience with everyone! Now let’s get gardening!
We’d like to give a special thank you to Whole Foods Market of Millburn-Union for their generous donation of delicious food and drinks to feed the hungry gardeners on our workday!
My, how we’ve grown! Community gardeners of all ages turned out in force for to build beds and ready our plots for planting at the First Aid Squad and Town Hall sites.
Topics to be covered are:
- Soil and Its Properties: What Will Help?
- Pests and Disease in a Community Garden
- Managing Your Plot: Selecting, Seeding, and Nurturing
The cost for this workshop is $30 for non-members of the Community Garden, and free for families of the Community Garden.
If you wish to attend, please register below, and non-members should send a check to Maplewood Community Garden, 14 St. Lawrence Ave, Maplewood, NJ.
Click for more information on the March 31 Workshop